"Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably." ~Walt Disney

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Who Knows?

Who Knows?

"If I don't know I know, I think I don't know. If I don't know I don't know, I think I know."

Confusing right? Or is it? I think I know what is means...Or do I? Soooo who knows ya knows??

Sitting in history class today reading the beginning of Chapter 2 in my book...(ok so maaayyyybee I didn't read the chapters like Dr. Ruff said........oops. ) Anyways! I'm reading my book and in the second paragraph I read some things about some dude named Gilgamesh. First of all....Gilgamesh? Really? Sounds like something you can eat at The Ivy. But back to the real story...So I was reading and by the description someone would wonder if he were real and if he were, how could anybody be like him today?



In the book Traditions & Encounters it describes Gilgamesh as having "super human strength and courage". I bet that when a person reads that they think about like..Superman. "What's that!? In the sky!? It's a bird! It's a plane! NO, it's GILGAMESH!" That's so what the people of ancient Mesopotamia were yelling...However, I don't think that was the case. I think that my friend Gilgamesh here was like Superman yes. But not the bullet proof version we're all thinking of. Instead the regular guy Clark Kent version. I mean come on! Who says you have to be able to lift a car with one finger to have superhuman strength? I believe that strength is from within and is given to us by Heavenly Father. I think that every being, young or old, rich or poor, can have this superhuman strength and courage. In Joshua 1:9 in the Bible says "Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Don't you think that even though we can't stop a bullet with our eyeball or catch a woman falling from a building (cause those things happen all the time) that we can have superhuman strength? It just depends on the kind of strength. Heavenly Father can give us strength beyond our wildest dreams if we simply have faith in Him.



The book says that Gilgamesh "saw mysteries and knew secret things". How could a person be like that today? Honestly, how can a person actually know secret things without trying to take your money? Well, in 3 Nephi 18:20 of the Book of Mormon it says "And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you." This shows that if you pray and have faith that you will get an answer the Lord can help you to know anything that you need to know. If you listen to the Spirit you can get through any trial and work your way through any maze the world has to offer. Maybe that's how Gilgamesh "saw mysteries". He just prayed and asked Heavenly Father for the truth.

1 comment: